Tuesday 14 November 2017

Found And Not Lost - Chapter 14. "Heroes"


Now this is a bit-ta strange. Lots of good vibes go to Jan Kirschenbaum, because he inspired this particular post. Let me clear this: I love David Bowie in my most typically intypical way. I never liked best his most well known mainstream hits, I always had loads and loads of my own favourites. It also referred to "Heroes", most possibly the anthem, that David is most frequently linked to in public mind. I know the story and the poignance of this song, I am also more than strongly aware of the fact how deep emotional connections it carries for millions all over the world. I duly respect that, though I need to state the fact that I wasn't always such a big admirer of it. 

Still, there are performances of it where it just clicks in and carries on undescribable magic. Here is "Heroes" from Berlin, 2002. David, rejuvenated with the success and the critical acclaim of "Heaten" is touring the album, giving the audiences the performances they will remember throughoutly, with their bodies and their minds. Such was the vibe of one of those nights. And - if not for a brilliant performance of the song itself - this is a gem for a display of Bowie the human on stage. Just get through his introduction to the performance. Being already tagged as an iconic artist back then for no small amount of reason, he was also a down to earth lovely guy, with a sense of humour, amazing camarderie bringer to his bandmates and a really charismatic frontman, a conferransieur just plainly one-of-a-kind. Just enjoy this with all your might. Love you David, thank you for tons and worlds of wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment