Saturday 25 November 2017

Found And Not Lost - Chapter 15. "Nothing To Lose"




When I want to get me going off and away from some bloody corner I've stuck myself in - I set myself this track. It still seems to be sort of undervalued revelation that John Wetton after all the musical complexity of King Crimson period and the genius out-of-the box structuring of the first UK album could come up with such an amazing hook - simple and stylish - poppily swaying but shakeingly rocking at the same time. Love the song, one of my all time favourites ever. The record that it's sourced from - "Danger Money" is also one of the most amazing albums ever recorded by musicians in trio format, notably NOT having the guitarist among themselves, just violin, keyboards, bass, vocals and drums handled all by Wetton, Eddie Jobson and Terry Bozzio. 46 minutes of sonic heaven spread between charming pop and teeth-pullingly complex prog-rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment