Thursday 2 April 2009

Waiting for the devil continues, the anticipation grows

Bad news about the "The Devil You Know" album for the area is that the Europe seems still well secured from the rage of the forthcoming Heaven And Hell release. There is no company responsible for the release of the CD confirmed yet (though Roadrunner Records is being rumoured). The result is that it's not yet available in my country's internet stores, which is a bit frustrating. There luckily is some good news though, the reviews are starting to drop in, so to make Gustavo's mouth drool even more for this - I put a link to the detailed track-by-track analysis of what's about to come.

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/track-by-track-heaven-and-hell-the-devil-you-know/


If you don't feel convinced about reading the long story - don't get misled - here are the best bits that nearly caused that I pissed myself laughing:

"
Then the riff kicks in… when we played this in the office everyone spun round and was like ‘fuck!’ Just a huge foot-stomping head-banging juggernaught (...). And as for the solo, Tony is shredding like a fucking madman – this is undoubtedly the Sabbath guitarist at his face-melting best."

"And the main solo AGAIN is a fucking stormer! It’s like Tony Iommi is being wanked off on MDMA. A proper headbanger!"

"And just as if to say, ‘don’t fuck with me’, one more time, Tony Iommi rips faces off with some beautifully smooth soloing."

Still it's the conclusion that seems to matter:

"A truly awesome achievement for the band who invented the genre nearly 40 years ago, to come back and deliver what will surely become one of the heavy releases of the year."


That may make you think that the chhances that you should and actually will enjoy the premiere material are arising to almost certified level. Good. Will help me to wait to the first run through the material no earlier than after the day of it's release!

1 comment:

  1. The new H&H album is indeed a very promising and definitely very much awaited release. I also always enjoyed the Mk2 Black Sabbath. All the three albums Dio recorded with BS are very solid and there was a time I used to listen to the very often. I also remember buying Dehumanizer in time of its release and enjoying it a lot. I'm still a big fan of that album.

    However, I must say, I have some hesitations since I didn't like the new songs enclosed to the collection of the classic Dio era songs on "The Dio Years". The only songs that reminded me of the good-old Sabbs was, I think, Shadow of the Wind (not sure about the title). What new songs on that release lacked, in my opinion, were good melodies built around a catchy riff from Iommi. It's not enough to record an ultra heavy song. It needs good melody, good vocal line and a clear rhythym section (sounding great on both Mob Rules and Dehumanizer, and sadly sounding muddy on The Dio Years CD).

    Still, I'm very curious. What I'm sure of is that all the elements of H&H will work as the line-up is one of the kind and all the musicians are in top form, especially Iommi who proved capable of recording a really good album few years back with Glenn Hughes.

    ReplyDelete