Sunday 5 November 2017

Found And Not Lost - Chapter 13. "Follow Me"


Rock you to the ground... that's what this piece do. I discovered Rory Gallagher relatively late in my trail of diamonds of following the gifted guitar rockers in my life. After falling for Blackmore, Rhoads, Beck, Page and Hendrix - it's relatively difficult to get excited with guitarist (shredders count in here). Still, when I first time saw Rory just nuke-blasting this version of "Follow Me" - I was instantly his and blown away into stratosphere. Became a follower of his wonderful talent and impeccable guitar skills. Beyond the string bending he hardly uses any of the visual or manual pyrotechnics with his guitar, but still he remains super dynamic, thrilling and inpredictable in his playing and improvising. That's what makes him wonderfully exciting. A true master craftsman of a rocker.

No comments:

Post a Comment